Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pork Chops with Hot Cherry Vinegar Peppers and Potatoes

I love pork chops, hubbs hates them, so he was out tonight and I took advantage of the situation. I also like spicy and he doesn't so this was the outcome. I have always wanted to try this recipe and I don't know why I waited so long, it's quick and easy and full of flavor!!
I used:
2 thick pork chops bone in
1 potato thinly sliced
1/2 white onion thinly slice
8 hot cherry pepper in vinegar
1/4 cup vinegar juice from the pepper jar
1 clove of garlic thinly sliced
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons flour
rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet, season the chops with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Brown on both sides and remove from the skillet, next add the potatoes and onions until you get some nice color and the potatoes are cooked through. Now add the cherry peppers and garlic, cook for a few minute and add the pepper vinegar and reduce. Now at this point you can add water to make a sauce if you like, the put the chops back in and add the parsley and rosemary and keep warm for 15 minutes so the flavors marry. Enjoy!!!
*serve with a nice glass of wine and crusty Italian bread to soak up the sauce
**add less or more cherry peppers depending on how spicy you like it

3 comments: