Monday, April 14, 2014

Baby Kale, Black Olives And Capers Cavatelli

 
Just a simple blog tonight. Yesterday's simple side dish became tonight's pasta dinner. I love to re purpose leftovers, Sunday I made a simple sauteed dish of baby kale, black olives, capers, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper for dinner and hubbs refused to even taste it so I had lots leftover. He had to work overtime tonight so I cooked for me, myself and I, everything I like!! No real recipe here yesterday I just toss into a skillet 2 cloves of sliced garlic, some sliced black olives,(about one cup), a handful of capers, a few tablespoons of olive oil, a bag of baby kale and salt and pepper to taste. Tonight I tossed the leftover kale into a skillet and added a few chunks of butter and red pepper flakes to reheat. I boiled up 1lb of ricotta cavatelli and tossed it in the skillet with a little of the pasta water, topped with some grated parmesan and just that easy dinner was served in about 20 minutes tops!!
*Any green and pasta will work
**I think a little lemon zest would have really brightened the whole dish, next time

No comments:

Post a Comment