Monday, August 20, 2018

Roasted Cod With Summer Veggies

I was looking to make a light summer dish on a very humid evening and I came up with this from some veggies I got from my local farm. I made a one bowl salsa with tomatoes, black olives, capers, red onion, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, fresh parsley, salt and pepper. I placed the cod loins on a parchment lined sheet pan, seasoned them with salt and pepper, topped with the salsa and roasted it in the oven at 375 for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile I made a simple salad with baby spinach, sliced raw zucchini and grated carrot. I tossed the salad with olive oil, salt and pepper and arranged it on a platter. After the cod was cooked I placed it on the salad and dinner was served in less than an hour. 
I didn't really measure anything, I just winged it for the 2 pounds of cod I got at the fish market. It was so light, refreshing and delicious enough to serve to company. I looked beautiful too!!
*garlic bread and a nice white wine makes a perfect summer deck meal
**don't forget a nice fruit salad for dessert


No comments:

Post a Comment