Thursday, January 10, 2019

Easy Dry Rubbed Country Style Pork Ribs

 I found some beautiful country style pork ribs at my local grocery store, and I wanted to do something a little different than wet BBQ sauce, so I decided to dry rub and roast them low and slow. It couldn't have been easier! I made a dry rub with Adobo, Sazon con Achote, smoked paprika, dark chili powder, cayenne pepper, Tajin, brown sugar, salt and pepper. I didn't really measure, it was about 2 tablespoons of the adobo and brown sugar, and a teaspoon each of the rest. I lined a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up, placed the ribs on the sheet and rubbed generously on all sides with the dry rub, make sure there is space in between the ribs. I tossed them into a 325 degree oven and roasted them for 3 hours. They were so moist and delicious, and the color from the rub was amazing!! I served it with a jalapeno and cheddar corn bread, and a green bean, tomato and shallot salad, simply dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper.



This was such an easy dinner to prepare for a weeknight dinner, I hope you give it a try!!
*This would be a great dinner for a football party, or company, paired with some nice local craft beers
**You can even throw the sheet pan right on the grill for a more smokey flavor, or not to heat the kitchen up for a nice summer deck party.
***My oven is on the low side so you might want to adjust the temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment