Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Risotto is not as hard as you think

Risotto another simple dinner where you can grab anything out of the fridge and make something extra special. I decided instead of my once or twice weekly pasta dinner I'd make risotto instead. It only took 45 minutes start to finish. With a couple of tries your sure to include this in your everyday meal rotation trust me.

Mushroom and Spinach Risotto

1 14 oz box of mushrooms (your favorite anything works) simply slice and sauteed in olive oil, salt and pepper
1 large shallot diced
2 cups aborio rice
1/4 cup white wine (dry vermouth is a nice change of pace)
3 cans chicken stock
2 big handfuls baby spinach
1/2 cup grated cheese (I like romano)
3 tblspns butter
1 tblspn chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste (ALWAYS tastse as you go)
saute shallots in butter about 3 minutes (salt and pepper), add rice cook another 2-3 minutes add wine. When wine is reduced start adding chicken stock about a 1/2 cup at a time (I never heat the stock I use it straight out of the can). Simmer and stir until liquid is absorbed and add another half cup as many time as it takes until the rice is soft and creamy. After the last addition of stock add the mushrooms, spinach and grated cheese, check if it need more salt and pepper add parsley and serve promply.



*always salt and pepper at the start and finish of anything you cook if you just put it in at the end or on your plate your food will be bland (my opinion once again)
**try my recipes and COMMENT please ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment