Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pasta Aglio Olio and Alici with Bay Scallops and Spinach

     My favorite times in the kitchen are when I go in and just start grabbing ingredients, mixing and tasting and creating something original, this is what I came up with tonight. I took my go to pasta with anchovies, garlic and oil and added some things that I had to use up from my weeks groceries and it turned out delicious!!
For the sauce I used:
6 cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
1 can of black olives sliced
1 can of anchovies
1 lb of bay scallops
1 bag of baby spinach
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 big pinches of crushed hot red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons of butter
salt and pepper to taste
1lb linguine 
First I added the garlic, olives, anchovies, olive oil and red pepper flakes to a skillet, heated on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. Next I added the scallops and butter and turned off the heat. I put a pot of salted water on to boil and cooked the pasta. When the pasta was almost cooked I turned the flame back on the sauce, added the spinach and some starchy pasta water until just heated, then I added the pasta to the skillet and just heat through for a few minutes.


Next I made a topping that I am sure I showed you before, it's just some panko bread crumbs mixed with seasonings. Tonight I seasoned them with parsley, lemon zest, red hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper tossed with enough olive oil to moisten but they stay crunchy.
*Start with a basic oil and garlic sauce in a skillet and the possibilities are endless, use left overs...
**A nice crunchy loaf of Italian bread, a tossed salad, and a nice bottle of wine and dinner is complete for a casual get together!!
***This dinner only took 15 minutes if that to put together!!! Quick, easy and yummy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment