Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Buttery Shrimp Rolls New England Style


I've been cooking dinner for my 82 year old mom who fell and broke her right arm, needless to say she can hardly do anything for herself and is feeling a little down so I wanted to cook her something extra special today. I decided on buttery New England style shrimp rolls and traditional macaroni and tuna salad. Really not that difficult to pull off. All I did was boil up some shrimp in water seasoned with a couple of slices of fresh lemon, a few whole pepper corns and a bay leaf. I drained them, rough chopped them and set them aside. Then I moved on to the macaroni salad. I set a pot of salted water on to boil then I diced up carrot, celery and onion about a 1/2 a cup of each. I tossed a box of elbow macaroni into the boiling water until cooked. I drained it and tossed it with the veggies, 2 cans of tuna fish and enough mayo to hold it all together. I plated up the macaroni salad in a serving bowl, topped it with paprika and put it in the fridge to chill. I did all this in the morning so at dinner time most of the work was done. When we were ready to eat I just heated up my cast iron griddle, tossed the chopped shrimp on with a good amount of butter and heated it through, toasted the buns and it was ready to enjoy!!!
*you can also do this with lobster or scallops


No comments:

Post a Comment