Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Spinach and Pesto Lazy Lasagna

I love to go into the kitchen and just let loose, and that is exactly what I did tonight. I knew I had to use up some of the fresh herbs on my deck, with that in mind I went into the grocery store and plotted as usual. I spotted some spinach and cheese ravioli on sale so I grabbed them and the wheel's started spinning. I immediately thought of a white lazy man lasagna. Simply what I did was make a basic pesto sauce:
1 part fresh basil to
1/2 part fresh parsley 
5 cloves of garlic
a pinch of salt
a generous grinding of fresh pepper
and a big handful of grated parmesan
Next I made a white sauce:
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour 
melted together and cooked for about 3 minutes, then I added 
1 cup of heavy cream and whisked until thickened, then I added
2 giant tablespoons of the fresh pesto
Now I boiled the raviolis.





 Then I tossed them with the sauce, some diced up fresh mozzarella and baked it until it was hot, bubbly and browned on top. It came out way yummier than I anticipated!!
*this is a good prepare ahead dinner for company with a nice salad, garlic bread, a bottle of wine and dessert
**really easy to prepare
***this cost me less than $20 to prepare and you can probably feed at least 8-10 people







No comments:

Post a Comment