Sunday, November 20, 2011

Linguine e Gamberi alla Carla








I was craving linguine and shrimp so I went into the kitchen and just started cooking with no recipe in mind, that's when the best dishes are created...roughly translated...shrimp,olive oil, butter, garlic, shallot, parsley, lemon juice, hot pepper flakes....let the pictures do the talking....first get some good color on the shrimp and remove from the pan, add garlic, shallot and a knob of butter and let it go about 3-4 min., next add white wine and the juice of 1 lemon, (I didn't have any white wine so I used dry vermouth) reduce about 3 more min and add parsley and hot pepper flakes. Now throw the pasta in the water and while its boiling add some of the starchy water to the sauce pan, when the pasta is almost cooked add it to the sauce with the reserved shrimp. I love to make a crispy topping for my white pasta dishes with a panko and olive oil base today I added lemon zest and parsley. This dinner was just screaming for some garlic bread!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment