Sunday, November 13, 2011

When I'm Lazy I make Bolognese

Sometimes on Sunday's when I don't feel like frying meatballs I make this sauce. The addition of the veggies and cream make it rich and sweet.


2 lbs meatloaf mix (equal amount ground beef, pork & veal)
1 large onion chopped
5-6 cloves of garlic chopped
3 carrots peeled and chopped
3 ribs of celery diced
3 cans of tomatoes crushed or put in the blender
1 cup red wine
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream
dry oregano, basil,bay leaves salt & pepper to taste


saute the onion, garlic & carrots in the butter add the chopped meat and cook until no longer pink add the oregano, basil, salt & pepper then add the wine and cook until the wine is evaporated add the tomatoes and simmer for 3 hours during the last half hour add the cream until it becomes a pinky orange color serve over your favorite pasta.






 
* sometimes I add ground italian sausage too...I did today
** I didn't have any red wine in the house so I left it out
*** this sauce works really good for a quick lasagna

No comments:

Post a Comment